10. The most popular sport in Israel is Matkot (beach tennis)
11. Per capita, Israel has the highest number of academics, patents, startup companies and Jewish mothers in the world.
12. Some of the things invented in Israel: the USB stick, IM technology, antivirus, original cell-phone technology, the pillcam, solar energy water heaters, smart drip and micro-irrigation, painless hair removal, anti jellyfish sting gel, laser keyboards, unmanned flight technology, cherry tomatoes, gesture control and hands-free computers.
13. Just a few globally successful companies that started in Israel, like Waze (this app is super!), Fiverr, Soda Stream, Mobileye, GetTaxi.
14. According to Travelers’ Digest, Tel Aviv is among the top 10 cities with the world’s most beautiful women and good-looking man.